What’s the secret to discovering wedding vendors you’ll cherish? Before you sign the contract, have an interview with them and this is particularly true in the case of a photographer. You’ll be spending practically the whole day with the photographer you choose, so having an in-person or phone interview is a perfect way to ensure you’ll enjoy having them around.
There are certainly plenty of articles on wedding and lifestyle blogs, so make sure that you’re asking the proper questions. Inquire about the things that are important to you and we know as your photographer your time is valuable, same thing with us! As your professional photographer, we encourage you to ask questions about everything that comes to mind, what frustrates you, and other topics that pique your curiosity!
It’s usually a good idea to learn about the photographer’s history and experience. Many couples want to have the same photographer to photograph their engagement session and wedding. This is a smart idea because it allows you to get to know each other better and learn more about your photographer’s working style. You’ll want to feel at ease around them because they’ll be with you during the most intimate moments of your celebration!
For today’s blog, I’d love to share some questions that you can ask your prospect photographer for your big day! So, hopefully, this list of questions has sparked some ideas about what you individually want to learn more about. When you go to meet with the photographers you’re interested in, it’s always a good idea to have a few questions ready.
Check the Availability
- Is the date I want for my wedding available?
- How many more weddings are you going to photograph that weekend?
- Will you be accompanied by any assistants on the day of our wedding?
Check the Photographer’s Experience
- How many weddings do you photograph each year?
- What do you like most about photographing weddings?
- Do you work as a photographer full-time or do you have another job?
- Have you shot in our location or a location similar to it? What obstacles did you have to overcome?
- Do you usually photograph weddings of similar size and style to the one we’re planning?
- Have you ever collaborated with one of our planners? Videographer? Florist? DJ?
Check the Photographer’s Style and Approach
- What would you say is the best way to describe your photographic style?
- What would you say is the best way to describe your working style?
- What distinguishes your photography?
- Is it possible to browse a variety of full wedding galleries?
- What portion of the wedding day is your favorite and least favorite?
Check the Pricing, Packages, and Payments
- What does your regular package include?
- What extras are included in the more expensive packages?
- Is it possible to customize a package to my specific requirements?
- Is it possible to pay in installments?
- Do your packages include engagement photos?
- What is the total number of hours included in each package?
- What are the costs of additional hours?
- Are things like retouching, color adjustment, or other corrective services included or are they an extra cost?
- Is there a travel fee? What is the maximum distance? What exactly does that entail?
- Is there a payment schedule?
- What types of payment do you accept?
- Is the security deposit refunded? What happens if we decide to postpone our wedding after booking with you?
- Is there a set amount of time or number of hours that must be covered?
Check the Prints and Albums
- Do your packages contain albums or prints?
- What is the number of pages or prints included, as well as the return time?
- When will we get the photos after the wedding?
- Will the photos be available online? For how long?
- When will the contract be sent to us?
- What is your policy on refunds and cancellations?
- Will you use your website and social media to promote our wedding? Will you publish our photographs in magazines or on blogs?
- How long does it take you to complete the images and deliver them to us?
- What are our rights to the images? Will we be able to claim them?
Couples are strongly advised to invest in a photographer. Not only will you have beautiful images to remember this important period in your life but it also allows you to become more at ease in front of the camera for your more future events. If you’re looking for a local engagement photographer, these are some of the questions you should ask before signing a contract!
The goal of all those questions is to get your relationship off to a good start. While the answer may not reveal much, it can assist in the development of a positive rapport with the photographer. And if there’s a solid working connection, the outcomes will almost certainly be better.
Finally, it’s critical that the photographer also asks you the correct questions to fully comprehend your requirements. You can use that information, as well as their portfolio and suggestions, to compare your top choices if the photographer is committed to reaching your goals.
Are you in need of a professional photographer for your upcoming event?
Sarah Lindholm Photography is ready to handle your big day, whether you’re looking for a wedding photographer or a family session. My crew and I have created a distinct style and ability to capture your loved ones in photographic memories that you will treasure for years.
Do you have any questions for your photographer? To organize your photoshoot, send me a message on Instagram or connect with ME!